Journey to Kidlit
Find an Agent Toolkit
Find an Agent Toolkit
Make this the year you sign with an agent!
Learn how to query an agent in order to have help landing a publishing contract with the Find an Agent Toolkit. Complete with the instructions you need to understand the industry and the steps to take to get an agent, you'll feel confident going on submission with this toolkit.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN...
- The role of an agent and how to know if it's the right path for you
- How to write a winning query letter to pique the interest of an agent
- What to do when the call comes and how to navigate an agent's offer
WHAT'S INSIDE THE FILLABLE SELF-STUDY GUIDE...
- Industry breakdown of the role of an agent and how they help with your book to let you know when and if an agent is right for you
- Query letter breakdown to teach you the 6-key components to include in your query letter
- Query letter template to show you what a professional pitch for an agent should look like
- 6 key questions to ask when offered a contract
- List to 20 top children's book agencies to get you started with your agent search
Who's this toolkit for?
The Find an Agent Toolkit is perfect for any writer who's feeling frazzled, overwhelmed, or confused by the children's book publishing process. It will help you understand the complete process to find an agent in an easy-to-understand format to help you finally land your first agent!
How soon after purchasing will you receive the pack?
The "Find an Agent Toolkit" will be delivered digitally, via the email address you provide at checkout. It should arrive within 5-10 minutes of your purchase. (At this time the pack is only available in digital PDF format. You can choose to print the entire kit and have it bound or keep it in a 3-ring binder, or you can print just the pages you need at specific times. Whatever works best for you.)
This is a digital product. Nothing physical will ship.
Please note: Our digital products are for personal use only. While you can use the fillable fields on your computer or print out the sheets yourself, you cannot share this with anyone else, make a copy, or use this for resale.