Journey to Kidlit
Kidlit Publishing Toolkit
Kidlit Publishing Toolkit
Learn how to publish your children's book!
Walk step-by-step through your three publishing options with the Kidlit Publishing Toolkit -- including, how to get a traditional publishing contract, self-publish your book, or work with a hybrid publisher. Explaining the pros and cons of each option, the toolkit gives you the step-by-step process to move forward with your publishing journey.
What customers are saying:
"If you don't know anything about submitting a children's book . . . you need this! I had an interview with a publisher and she loved the book. I felt professional with the information you provided for my proposal!" - Tracey Albrecht -
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN...
- The 3 different publishing options you can choose for your book
- The steps you must take in order to pursue publication in any of your options
- The pros and cons of each to help you know which is best for you
WHAT'S INSIDE THE FILLABLE SELF-STUDY GUIDE...
- The 8 steps to getting a traditional publishing contract
- Manuscript format breakdown to ensure your story is setup correctly before you hit submit
- Query letter template to help you write a professional pitch for an agent or publisher
- List of 100 publishers to send your story to
- 6 key questions to ask when offered a contract
- The 5 steps it takes to self-publish a children's book
- Book plan worksheet to list out the specifics for the type of book you're creating
- Contractor checklist when hiring and working with contractors
- Budget sheet to help you plan the cost of your book
- Final details sheet to make sure you've finished everything before you hit publish
- Writing your book description worksheet to help you create a description that will attract readers
- The 5 steps to find a hybrid publisher
- Industry lingo cheat sheet to help you understand common terms used in the publishing industry
- Manuscript submission checklist to make sure your story is really ready to be published
- 10+ additional resources to help you along your publishing journey
Who's this self-study guide for?
The Toolkit is perfect for any writer who's feeling frazzled, overwhelmed, or confused by the children's book publishing process. It will help you understand the complete process in an easy-to-understand format to help you finally get your story into the hands of children!
How soon after purchasing will you receive the toolkit?
The Kidlit Publishing Toolkit will be delivered digitally, via the email address you provide at checkout. It should arrive within 5-10 minutes of your purchase. (At this time the kit is only available in digital PDF format. You can choose to print the entire kit and have it bound or keep it in a 3-ring binder, or you can print just the pages you need at specific times. Whatever works best for you.)
This is a digital product. Nothing physical will ship.
Please note: Our digital products are for personal use only. While you can use the fillable fields on your computer or print out the sheets yourself, you cannot share this with anyone else, make a copy, or use this for resale.