Journey to Kidlit
Picture Book Boot Camp
Picture Book Boot Camp
Write an amazing picture book story!
Have an idea for a picture book story but aren't sure where to get started? Take this picture book boot camp and learn how to go from an idea to first draft in just 5-days!
What customers are saying:
"Wow, I just watched the videos and I must say, I really loved every bit of the lessons, especially the clarity of your instructions. After watching the videos, I got a clear vision of what my own picture book could look like in terms of the plot and I'm feeling really excited about this. Thanks a ton, Brooke." - Daniella Namubiru -
"This has been so helpful! Not only did I change my first story, I threw it out altogether and came up with a much better storyline and plot. Understanding the skeleton of a story sure makes it easier to flesh it out. Thank you!" - Libby Lefler -
"I love the idea of following this plot line! I’ve been able to use it on two picture books I’m working on and could see where one was lacking. Thanks so much for all the instruction. I’m loving this boot camp!" - Nancy Tavares -
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN...
- The 4-step process you must go through in order to create a picture book
- How to format a story manuscript that leaves room for illustrations
- How to make your story more engaging for young readers
WHAT YOU'LL RECEIVE...
- Four video lessons on the steps to write a picture book complete with lifetime course access once the boot camp concludes
- Four digital PDF fillable workbooks to help you follow along with each lesson
- Sample Story Manuscript in both Google and Word Doc formats to correctly format your story from the start
- Picture Book Plotting Worksheet to help you outline your idea before you start writing
- Picture Book Character Card to develop a 3D main character for your story
- Picture Book Page Layout to show you how to layout your story with illustrations when you're ready
- BONUS: Digital Copy of Picture Book Perfection to help you dive deeper into the picture book writing process once the boot camp concludes (A $97 value)
- BONUS: Editorial feedback examples with Brooke to show you how an editor reviews a story so you can edit your own (A $197 value)
Who's the boot camp for?
Picture Book Boot Camp is for any writer who's new to the children's book industry and feeling frazzled or confused about the process. (Who knew a 500-word story could be so difficult to write?) After taking this course, you'll feel more confident about your skills as a picture book writer.
How soon after purchasing will you receive the course?
Your "Picture Book Boot Camp" login information will be delivered via the email address you provide at checkout. It should arrive within 5-10 minutes of your purchase. (All our online courses are self-paced and include lifetime access. If you’ve previously purchased a course with us, you can use the same login to access all the information in one place.)
This is an online course. Nothing physical will ship. Your course log in information will be sent to you via email within 5-10 minutes of making your purchase.
Please note: Our digital products are for personal use only. While you can use the fillable fields on your computer or print out the sheets yourself, you cannot share this with anyone else, make a copy, or use this for resale.